« Home | Breaking News: We Have Trail Names » | June 21 » | June 20 » | June 19 » | June 18 » | June 17 » | June 13-16 » | June 12 » | June 11 » | June 10 » 

Friday, June 22, 2007 

June 22

Today everyone headed off by nine, except for the lazy bums, which would be us. I stayed in my sleeping bag waiting for my legs to fall off. When that didn't happen, I decided to start hiking.

It was around noon, and I did not let myself have a siesta. I hauled tail for the first hour, almost doing three miles. I then began to climb the mountain that would not end. I believe the name was Pleasant Pond Mountain. It took me about five hours to make it to the top. When I did, rain started to pour from the sky. It was cold rain, and there was a hard wind. I wanted to curl up and die, but I kept moving.

Matt finally caught up with me when I was going down the mountain. The rocks and roots were wet and slippery, so we tried our best to not break any bones. Matt did knock his elbow on one rock.

We eventually made it to the shelter, which already had two people asleep in it. We woke them up and made the move over so we could fit in. It was a full shelter tonight. Matt and I made pancakes and hot chocolate for dinner. My pancakes were a bit burnt, but once covered with syrup, they tasted delicious. Tomorrow should be a short walk to town. We'll miss the ferry, but Matt has to go to the post office and we thing there's a place that sells milkshakes.

About me

  • I'm hiking the trail for the first time.
  • My brother is taking the emails I send and posting them for everyone to read.
  • It's almost like you're there.
  • I'm currently in New Hampshire.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mbontheat. Make your own badge here.

Archives

    a COOLPLACE - coolpeoplecare.org

MB on the AT is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.