« Home | June 25 » | June 24 » | June 23 » | June 22 » | Breaking News: We Have Trail Names » | June 21 » | June 20 » | June 19 » | June 18 » | June 17 » 

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 

June 26

We didn't make it to the campground, and had to settle for the lean-to. It wasn't so bad since we had the entire thing to ourselves. We were hoping to meet some Northbounders, but apparently no one wants to party with us.

The hike here was nothing spectacular. I did pass the 2000 mile marker, but it's off by five miles, making it the 2005 mile marker. It was one of the hottest days so far. I had to stop every thirty minutes to drink, when I usually stop every hour. I did fall once, which is when Matt finally caught up with me for the day. I scraped my knee, but I continued on.

We came to a lake, and I took an extended time out, while he went ahead to the lean-to. I chilled on the beach, got some water, and called the parents to let them know I was still alive. After wasting more time, I finally headed off to the lean-to for the night.

When I got there, Matt already had the fire going and told me how dirty the lean-to had been when he got there. Apparently there was a used condom left inside. After being grossed out, we decided to have dinner. He shared his mashed potatoes with me, and I had tomato soup. All was good. I was in bed by 9:30, which was my goal, since I have a 4000-foot mountain to tackle tomorrow. I hope to wake up by 5:30 so I can pack and get started early, because it's supposed to be a hot one tomorrow.

About me

  • I'm hiking the trail for the first time.
  • My brother is taking the emails I send and posting them for everyone to read.
  • It's almost like you're there.
  • I'm currently in New Hampshire.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mbontheat. Make your own badge here.

Archives

    a COOLPLACE - coolpeoplecare.org

MB on the AT is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.