« Home | July 11 » | July 10 » | July 9 » | July 4 » | July 3 » | July 2 » | July 1 » | June 30 » | June 29 » | June 28 » 

Thursday, July 12, 2007 

July 12

Everyone else in the lean-to was up and gone by eight. This gave me great hope that I would be, too. I failed myself miserably. I didn't leave until one.

Shanta and Billy Goat came to the shelter just before I left. They were planning on staying there the night instead of heading to the next shelter, which charges an $8 fee. On my way down the mountain, I passed three older ladies who couldn't have been younger than 65. They all got excited when I said the shelter was only twenty minutes away. I then continued down towards the road. I passed a couple of day hikers, none worth mentioning.

I made it to the road in good time, and was ready to head up to the next shelter. The climb was gradual. I made it to the Speck Pond lean-to around 7:45. Whiskers and crew were glad to see me. The shelter cost $8 to stay in, so I headed up to the care taker's area and payed the fee for me and Matt. He showed up about a half hour behind me. We made pizzas for dinner and fell asleep quickly.

About me

  • I'm hiking the trail for the first time.
  • My brother is taking the emails I send and posting them for everyone to read.
  • It's almost like you're there.
  • I'm currently in New Hampshire.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mbontheat. Make your own badge here.

Archives

    a COOLPLACE - coolpeoplecare.org

MB on the AT is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.