« Home | June 27 » | June 26 » | June 25 » | June 24 » | June 23 » | June 22 » | Breaking News: We Have Trail Names » | June 21 » | June 20 » | June 19 » 

Thursday, June 28, 2007 

June 28

I awoke to the sound of rain. It left me with no desire to start hiking. My goal was to be on the trail by 6, but it wasn't happening. I eventually motivated myself to get out of bed, and I was out hiking by 8:15. I reached West Peak by 9.

The rain clouds had moved, and I had a good view. I could see a ski resort and a little airport. I didn't take many pictures because I'm a fool. As I was climbing over to Horn Peak, the clouds moved back in, leaving me without a view. I wasn't too depressed, since I already had a couple good ones.

I headed down to the Horn Pond lean-to and got there by noon. I planned on taking a thirty minute mini siesta there. At the end of my break it started to rain. Having sent home my rain gear, I was in no hurry to hike. I decided to wait it out. In the time I was waiting, everyone caught up with me.

Eventually the rain stopped, and I headed down the hill to Stratton. I only fell once, but didn't get hurt. Matt ended up bending one of his trekking pole. I also ended up stepping in a stream.

I hit the road at 5:15. We tried to hitch a ride for a few minutes with no luck. I then pulled out my guide book, and we called the people at the Stratton Motel. After we secured a ride, two people pulled over for us. We told them thanks, but no thanks. It was heaven when the lady showed up. Her dog assaulted Matt during the ride.

When we got to the hotel, we were me by Brit, Smokey, Snicker, Princess Brat, and her boyfriend. We sat around for a bit, and then enjoyed the wonderfully hot showers. After that we headed out to eat.

The first restaurant we went into, no one greeted us when we walked in, and we didn't know what to do. We left that place and headed over to the Stratton Diner. The dinner was decent. I didn't finish everything, but I tried. After dinner I headed over to the general store and picked up some postcards. I wrote those out and walked down to the post office, while making phone calls. When I got back to the hotel, everyone was hanging out in the den. I stayed down there for the night, chatting and using the computer. I was in bed by midnight. It was a lot nicer than my sleeping bag.

About me

  • I'm hiking the trail for the first time.
  • My brother is taking the emails I send and posting them for everyone to read.
  • It's almost like you're there.
  • I'm currently in New Hampshire.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from mbontheat. Make your own badge here.

Archives

    a COOLPLACE - coolpeoplecare.org

MB on the AT is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.